THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR WEBSITE (“SITE“), AN ONLINE DOMAIN PROVIDED BY PROVIDEND LIMITED (“PROVIDEND”).
Collection of Your Information
- When you access or use the Site or any part thereof, or communicate with Providend or any of its officers, employees or agents whether through written, published or electronic means, the telephone or otherwise, Providend may collect or receive personal or non-personal information or data about, in connection with or from you, including without limitation possibly through cookies, pixel tags, website and data analytics, and other technologies (“Your Information ”), in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). Personal information or data may include without limitation your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, identity card number, passport number, background information and health condition. Non-personal information or data may include without limitation your browser information, internet protocol (IP) address, how you use the Site or any part thereof, and aggregated information.
- Providend may also collect personal information about someone else from you, e.g ., when you apply for a product or service in joint names or where you are nominating other people on your policy. If you provide personal information to Providend about someone else, you must obtain that person’s prior consent for you to provide his/her personal information to Providend.
- Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to block or disable cookies by changing the settings on your web browser . If you choose to block or disable all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may find that certain features on the Site or any part thereof will not work properly.
Use of Your Information
- Providend may use Your Information in accordance to the PDPA:a) when you have submitted your request or personal information to Providend, which submission you understand and agree to constitute making an “inquiry” to Providend, to contact you or allow the relevant product or service providers to contact you via telephone, even if the telephone number you submitted appears on any Do Not Call registry or list, on the basis that your inquiry serves as an exception to the Do Not Call guidelines;b) to follow up on and to facilitate the processing of your request(s) or application(s) in relation to products and services, and to connect you with third party product or service providers who will provide you with information, or process your request(s) or application(s) about products and services ;c) if you purchase a product or service from or through Providend, to facilitate, complete or fulfill your purchase . This may include providing you with quotes from Providend or third party providers, administering your policy, communicating with you regarding your purchase, and providing you with related customer service ;
d) to respond to, address, facilitate or fulfill your inquiries, requests or claims ;
e) to update Providend’s records about you ;
f) to understand your financial needs ;
g) if you consent to Providend notifying you of products, services, promotions or special offers that may be of interest to you ;
h) if you consent to Providend sending you surveys and marketing communications (including, without limitation, newsletters) that may be of interest to you ;
i) to personalize your experience on the Site and on Providend’s other websites by presenting advertising, promotions, offers, products and services tailored to you ;
j) to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. There may be additional rules applicable to these activities, which may contain additional information on how Providend uses and discloses your Information;
k) to enable you to send messages, or refer the Site, or any part thereof, or any product or service mentioned on the Site, to another person. By using this functionality, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to use and provide Providend with that person’s name, email address and other contact details;
l) for Providend’s business purposes, which will include, without limitation, data analysis, audits, developing new products, improving Providend’s websites (including without limitation the Site) and their respective contents, improving the products and services offered or distributed by Providend, calculating the Site’s usage levels, identifying user behaviour and usage trends, determining and improving the effectiveness of Providend’s promotional campaigns, diagnosing server problems, geographic mapping, and administering the Site or any part thereof;
m) to conduct background and credit checks and assist other financial institutions to conduct background and credit checks;
n) for crime or fraud detection, prevention and prosecution;
o) for debt collection; and
p) to comply with any law, regulation, order or legitimate request, to any relevant governmental or other authority or regulatory body.
- You agree that in the event you contact Providend via email, online chat, letters, facsimile, or other written, published or electronic means, Providend is entitled to keep a record of the relevant correspondence.
Disclosure/Transfer of Your Information
d) where you act under a body corporate, to any member of the same group of companies;
e) to any of your employees, officers or representatives;
f) if you have downloaded any resource or publication created, published or sponsored by any third party, to such third party;
g) to third party sponsors (if any) of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions;
h) if you have submitted an inquiry, request or claim relating to Providend, to parties involved in supporting the claims process like loss adjusters, managers and assessors, repairers and suppliers, investigators and recovery agents, and any other third parties that as necessary or appropriate in Providend’s sole opinion and discretion to address, facilitate, fulfil or complete such inquiry, request or claim;
i) if you choose to send messages or refer the Site or any part thereof or any product or service mentioned on the Site to another person, to identify you as the sender to the recipient indicated by you;
j) published by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available the Site’s visitors , and to the general public;
k) published by you, if you have provided a testimonial about the Site, and have given Providend permission to post the respective testimonial on Providend’s websites;
l) to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Providend’s business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy, liquidation, winding-up or similar proceedings);
m) to any credit reference, debt collection, anti-money laundering and fraud prevention agencies, police, law and credit enforcement groups, legal advisors, and health providers, or parties assisting Providend with providing communication services;
n) to external entities who assist Providend with hosting or maintaining Providend’s electronic communications, data, or websites, or to external entities who resolve or gather non-personal information to evaluate the effectiveness of online marketing activities; and
- Your Information may be stored and processed in any country where Providend has facilities, and you consent to the transfer of Your Information to such countries for the purpose of such storage and processing.
- If the entities to whom Your Information is being disclosed/transferred are located overseas, Your Information may be sent to another country including countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence.
- To the maximum extent permissible under applicable law, Providend shall not be responsible or liable under any cause of action and under any circumstances for any use, storage or disclosure by any third party of Your Information, or any act or omission of whatsoever nature by any third party.
Protection of Your Information
- Providend endeavours to take reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality and security of Your Information in accordance to the PDPA. However, Providend cannot guarantee the security of any data you transmit by electronic means, as no data transmission over the Internet or by any other electronic means can be guaranteed as totally secure. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing over the Internet or by electronic means. To the maximum extent permissible under applicable law, Providend is neither responsible nor liable for any breach of security.
- The Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorized third parties. It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of any user ID and login password you hold.
- Information passing over the Internet may be transmitted internationally (even when sender and recipient are located in the same country) via countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. As a result, Providend does not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of Your Information in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
- In order to maintain the security of Providend’s systems, protect Providend’s staff, record transactions, and, in certain circumstances, to prevent and detect crime or unauthorised activities, Providend reserves the right to monitor all Internet communications including web and email traffic into and out of our domains.
Retaining Your Information
- Providend will retain Your Information for as long as the purpose(s) for which Providend collected it continues. It is then destroyed unless further retention is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory or accounting requirement or to protect Providend’s interests.
- If, going forward, you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit Providend’s use of Your Information that has been previously provided to Providend, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name, identification or passport number, mailing address, phone number and email address , in order for Providend to identify you.
- For your protection, Providend will only implement such requests with respect to Your Information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send Providend your request . Providend may need to verify your identity before implementing you respective request. Providend will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. In some cases, Providend may not be able to remove or change Your Information or any part thereof, including, without limitation, where doing so would be against the law or regulations or any direction by any public or governmental authority.